From Temasek to Singapura – Join us for an intriguing discovery of Singapore that shares with you the history of modern day Singapore from the era of Temasek before the 14th century, to Singapore from the 19th century when the island became a British colony.
Trace the routes of the British colonial powers and the multitudes of immigrants who hailed from all across Asia for opportunities in the vibrant entrepôt port established by the British.
Singapore River, also known as the lifeline of Singapore for more than 200 years, happens to play an important role in the economic success of Singapore. It’s history can be found even way back before the 19th century when it was a fishing village that was teeming with trade from all across Asia. Learn about the trades of the different ethic groups that plied all along the Singapore River from Boat Quay to Clarke Quay and Robertson Quay as well as the financial district today.
A great end to the tour will be dinner at one of Singapore’s most historical and iconic market, Telok Ayer Market (or Lau Pa Sat). This is also the place that Hollywood blockbuster Crazy Rich Asians was filmed at. We will get to enjoy some popular food favourites here and relive the roles of the early immigrants or if you prefer, the cast of Crazy Rich Asians.
– USD98 (Per Person)
– Min. 2 Pax
– 4 hrs
– Weekday: Mon – Fri (4pm – 8pm)
– Weekend: Sat & Sun (4pm – 8pm)
– Licensed Guide
– Pick up & drop off at your hotel
– An engaging sharing of historical accounts & your host’s life’s experiences
– Plentiful photo taking opportunities & great interactive fun
– Dinner (Incl. Beer) at iconic Telok Ayer Market (where Crazy Rich Asians was filmed)
– Discovery of local facets of the country through eyes of a local
– Reservation & pre-payment is required for bookings (Subject to availability)
– Minimum of 2 persons
– Maximum of 6 persons per Tour/Car
– Rain or shine event
Note: Due to limited slots available, we would require payment via the Payment / Booking Form below. For more information, please go on to our Enquiry Form. Thank you.
From Temasek to Singapura Booking Form
To confirm your reservation, kindly make payment via Paypal below. Please note that a minimum of 2 persons is required for tour to commence. We will contact you with confirmation regarding the preferred date and time, as well as hotel pickup location.